Waiting for the ferry


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Apulia » Brindisi
June 19th 2006
Published: June 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Leaving SorrentoLeaving SorrentoLeaving Sorrento

Sorrento at 5am
Yay!!!! We are not writing you fuming mad!!! We have a ferry and are going to board it in an hour!!! This morning we got up entirely too early... 5am (see mom it is possible for me to wake up that early!) to take our first of 3 trains today. Sorrento to Naples to Castera to Bari (so we are in Bari, but the internet location thing doesn't recognize it... probably because no one comes here really unless to go on a ferry). We got here around 12:30pm and got on a bus with a bunch of Aussies and Canadians (from Winnipeg) who were going to do the same thing. The ferry place was deserted... and after a lot of walking around trying to find the right place (lugging our bags around and sweating like crazy because it is getting so hot) we found our ticket place and got our boat! We all have a spot on the deck... which apparently is the covered area with a load of seats... Could get interesting for a 16 hour ferry ride, apparently we can pay extra for a bed, but right now the expense for a bed isn't seeming to be worth it...
Leaving SorrentoLeaving SorrentoLeaving Sorrento

The campground and Dan at 5am
Maybe we will think differently at 2am, who knows.

We were both sad to leave Sorrento, I wish we had planned to be there a bit longer. Yesterday we went to Pompei, which was crazy huge and hot, but so much to see (Missing Jen again because I'm sure I missed alot of the significance of it all). It really blows you away! We also went up Mt. Vesuvious (sp) the famous volcano, we bussed up a bit and then had to hike up quite a ways (I'm happy to report that I was kicking some volcano ass, and my group's ass! I was bombin up that mountain! Yes the volcano is my bitch!). Learned lots at the top with a guide and got to see the tackiest, shittiest souvenirs ever. Literally these things were lava rocks with glitter glue.... it was pretty sad. Needless to say we got some great pictures, saw some great view, and were happy to get some food afterward (we were so beat by the end).

So now I am at an internet cafe which is a little expensive so I'll cut this one short. We will give word when we reach the
Leaving SorrentoLeaving SorrentoLeaving Sorrento

Relieved at the ferry port... We got on!
other side, meaning Greece.... Wow that's our 6th country! That's pretty cool.

OH, on a totally unrelated topic. If you want to see pictures of the cutest baby in the world (clearly the kid is related to me cause he is so damn cute) go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/20384612@N00/

Love to all
robyn and dan

Advertisement



20th June 2006

Rocks
You didn't buy a glittering lava rock? lol

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb