Back across Italy to the East Coast


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Abruzzo » Montesilvano
May 21st 2012
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 42.5051, 14.1389

The trip today went quicker than expected. We traveled Northeast across Italy towards Pescara and out destination Montesilvano which is a seaside town. The journey took us through the central mountainous area which judging by the road signs and the nature of some of the towns is a winter ski area. The temperature even now was only 10 degrees for part of the journey but we are now back into the upper 20's near the water.

The town has a very attractive beach which is likely packed on weekends and during the summer. Walked along part of the beach and a few of the streets around the town area. It appears that this is a more affluent area judging by the types of homes and lots of hotels. Our hotel is a smaller hotel located a block from the beach. This area reminds us of Florida.

Tomorrow we head north towards Venice. Ten days from now we will be back on a plane headed home. So far the weather has been great although this evening there are some large cloouds which so far just sem to pass over us without any precipitation resulting.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



21st May 2012

I do agree with you, it does look somewhat like Florida. Very pretty and quaint.

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb