Travel Day


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Mogliano Veneto
May 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.5613, 12.2363

Today was a relatively long travel day all of it on the autostrades - about 500K. The speed limit on these roads is 130K which seems to only apply to the right lane. Lots of truck traffic as we headed north but unlike where we live, most truck drivers stay in the right lane. Also, drivers when they pass get back into the right lane as soon as possible - they don't think it is a driving lane. Some vehicles in the passing lane are likely travelling well in excess of 160 K. The road is a toll road and driving on the road cost about $42 for the distance traveled.

At the start of the day we were in hilly country with more pasture type of agriculture. Lots of castles on hilltops with the old villages below the castles and the newer villages below them.

The further north we went the hills leveled out and their is a lot of industry. This seems to be a much more prosperous part of Italy. The level areas also had a lot of market growing type of agriculture. We are staying a 20 minute train ride from Venice and the train station is about 5-10 minutes from the Hotel Villa Foscarini where we are staying. Tomorrow we head into Venice and will likely spend 2 days there by commuting from this location. There is no vehicle access for Venice itself so it is much easier to stay here and take the train.

On the way we passed by Bologna but so no signs of the earthquake. I imagine the devastation was in the older city core area which we did not see. There were lots of high rises, etc and all seemed quite normal.

The hotel is a very nice building as you will see from the pics which are the only pics for the day because you don't stop on the highways to take pictures. Doing so would make for a short and final trip.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



22nd May 2012

On days like today, wouldn't you like to be sitting in a Ferrari?
22nd May 2012

What a beautiful hotel and again, such beautiful architecture.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb