Farewell to Ireland, off to Isle of Man


Advertisement
Isle of Man's flag
Europe » Isle of Man » Douglas
May 14th 2023
Published: May 22nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

As we were flying to Isle of Man (which meant no free luggage) and staying only for four days, we didn't need three weeks worth of clothes (nor any of the souvenirs we'd already gotten) so we reorganized so we could take only the smaller suitcase and stored the larger suitcase. We had done that in 2017 so Sue had a vague idea of where the desk was and was able to walk/roll the big one over to Terminal 1. It's a forever walk (so it seems) and a shuttle ride to the smaller plane for Isle of Man. Happily, you can't get on the shuttle till the plane is landed and ready to go again. The flight was delayed about an hour but it stays light so late that there was no worry. The flight was good, right windy on landing, but basically one of those where you go up and immediately start going down to land. After some concern about the luggage (took them a while to get the plane unloaded; everyone thought they'd finished but they hadn't), we used our GoExplore cards to hop on the bus to Douglas. We told the driver which hotel we were staying at and he told us where to get off (actually dropped us a bit before the official stop) which was nice. The hotel manager recommended the restaurant down just a few doors (Aura); it was excellent Indian food and Mike had his first serving of Queenies, scallops for which the Isle is known.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb