Tuesday 20th June 2017


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
June 20th 2017
Published: June 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

It was back to cloudy weather this morning. We packed up ready for our next move. Just as we were leaving we had a call from James. He said there had been another attempted break in to Simon's shed. James heard banging noises at 3:30am and then the alarm went off. He phoned the police hoping they could catch them at it but they said they had noone to send! Anyway they didn't get anything but poor James was having the day off to put up yet more security. We wonder how many more attempts they will make!

By the time we left the weather had brightened and we had a very hot trip down to Killarney, up to 28degrees. The scenery was lovely especially over the mountains. We passed near the River Shannon apparently the longest river in Ireland. Part of the route was through a tunnel under the river. We are now at Fossa Caravan and Camping Park just outside Killarney. This will be the last site on our tour before we start making our way home.

We had a meeting at 5pm to discuss arrangements while we are here. We had to meet indoors as it started raining! Sun is out again now and still very warm and muggy. Fngers crossed it will stay dry.

The camp site manager here said the weather had been good since Friday. I told him we had been having cloud and mist then until Sunday evening and he said 'That's what we call good weather here'! You have to hear it with their accent to appreciate the humour. I think they've all kissed the Blarney stone!

Well I'm up to date now but have no photos for today. Much better wifi here makes it easier. Simon is cooking supper, last of Joyce's provisions, back to Lidl now I fear!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb