Rathdrum


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
September 8th 2006
Published: September 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sept. 5

We got up early to go to Wicklow county. Our hostel ended up being way out in the boonies. The bus driver dropped us off at the closest town which was 14km away from our hostel. So we were a little confused as to what exactly to do. We were thinking of hitch hiking but chose not to as it looked like it may rain. So we walked around the town asking everyone how on earth to get out there, nobody really new of the best way. We finally stopped in a pub and decided to take a cab. The small town we went to was called Rathdrum. We thought it was a big hiking place which it was not. It was just a small town out in the middle of nowhere. But we decided to wonder around it. I found a map for us to use. So we walked around this place for like 2 hours trying to find the tourist office which was on the map. And the map made absolutely no sense. Finally we asked someone where we were on the map. Apparently the map was of some town somewhere in northern Ireland. Man, did we feel like idiots.

David ended up loosing his keys for his bag so everything he owned was locked in his bag. Yikes. So we asked this nice man mowing grass if he could help us. He said, "of course laddy" so he takes off and comes back a little while later with a great big lawn mower blade. I think David's eyes just about popped out of his head. So David had to hold the bag while the man took great big swings at the lock. He said, "you look a little bit nervous laddy." David just stared at him. He was so scared. Finally one more big swing and the lock was off along with part of David's zipper. At least it wasn't a limb. It was a good laugh anyhow except David's expensive bag is now wrecked!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0804s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb