Cliffs of Moher, Aran islands, Shannon and to New Jersey


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland
April 21st 2019
Published: April 21st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well this is it! We flew home (sort of) yesterday. I will just summarize the events of the last two days. Friday, we woke up in time to catch a ferrt to the Aran islands. They are beautiful! The islands are pretty untouched by the outside world. People there speak Gaelic as a primary language, but are also fluent in English. Many do not even have cars. Most get around by walking or biking. We had a carriage tour! We also did a good bit of walking. There were castle ruins and church excavations and even a ship wreck. On the way back we sailed under the Cliffs of Moher. We had a last lovely dinner out at a local pub and spent our last night on the Cliffs. Saturday, we made the flight home out of Shannon and arrived in New Jersey. When we got here we made trip to the Minute Clinic for Grace who ended up with a pretty bad sinus and ear infection at the end of the trip. Poor girl had to fly home with an ear infection! We are apparantly lucky that it didn’t rupture! She has antibiotics now and is resting up. Hopefully she will be on the mend soon. All in all though, it was a wonderful trip. We made memories that will last forever! My only complaint is that it wasn’t long enough! We need a another trip to see all the things we missed and wanted to see and to re-visit our favorites! Tomorrow is the big drive home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb