Beautiful Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Waterford » Cappoquin
September 15th 2014
Published: September 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Looong day of driving but we had a ball! The GPS (aka Kate) took as through all these backroads around the countryside. There were sheep everywhere on the side of the road - seems that the farmers use spray paint as a means of identifying their stock. On our way to visit Connemara National Park (in County Galway) we pulled over to take some photos of the view and two random horses popped their heads up over a hill. Next thing we know, one of them came right up to the car...apparently it wanted to be friends 😊 (Wish we had a carrot or something to offer). Then on our way for a stopover at The Cat's Bar (just outside Cappoquin, in County Waterford - run by distant relatives of the Whelan family) we had to pull over and wait while a farmer herded his cattle along the road into another paddock.
We stopped in the town of Gort (still County Galway) and I had a second coffee to keep me going for the drive ahead. Once we had a sugar / caffeine hit, things got a bit silly...we both had the giggles for at least an hour of the drive - tears and all!!
Arrived in Kilkenny about 8:30pm - love it already. Georgia picked out a great place for our stay - big room, friendly host and in the thick of town. Also excited to have a shower that is separated from the rest of the bathroom by more than a curtain!! Weather is lovely and is looking good for the next couple of days. Amazingly we haven't seen one drop of rain yet - in England or Ireland!!
On another note, finally got to hear a local (with a very thick accent) say "fookin idgit"! 😊 😊 We get disappointed when the cost of something doesn't make someone say tirty (instead of thirty) and we also love to hear tird (instead of third). We've been enjoying listening to local radio on our journey - I've said it before but we really are big fans of the accent here!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb