Rock of Cashel


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Tipperary
March 20th 2008
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today's entry is short. We headed out today to see the Rock of Cashel. Exactly what we wanted to see on this trip; an ancient castle ruin surrounded my beautiful countryside. The only bad thing was that by the time we got there it had started to rain, though it was more of a heavy misting or sprinkle (if that makes any sense). But the really bad part was the gusts of wind, especially once we reached the Rock and walked around the Church. There were times that I could literally feel myself being blown away (and for me, that is saying a lot). We took a lot of pictures; quite a few I think will look good in black and white. Afterwards, we had a nice shepeards pie in one of the local Cashel restaurants and then headed back to Cork. Once we got back, we rested and then drove around Cork, finding a carnival, a hurling stadium and St. Finn Barre's Cathedral (all by accident). Hurling, by the way, is an Irish sport that appears to be like lacrosse but played with short, flat bats. Tomorrow is the main reason for the stay in Cork; Blarney Castle. If there is time, back to St. Finnbarre and hopefully Charles Fort on the south coast.

Till tomorrow, take care!


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



22nd March 2008

Enjoy!
We enjoyed reading your comments. Our trip was really nice but was hectic after getting back. Finally resting tonight. See you Sunday

Tot: 0.308s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0873s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb