6 Differences: Ireland vs. US


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry
September 6th 2012
Published: September 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

At the risk of sounding like a snotty foreigner, I'd like to give a quick and dirty run down of the differences I've noticed here in Ireland:

1) There's pet mess all over the sidewalks. Maybe that's exaggerating. Let me try again. I had to avoid stepping in dog mess on the sidewalk several times while walking around Limerick.

2) People drive—and walk—on the left. I am forever drifting over to the right of the sidewalk and I'm sure some people thought I was trying to be difficult, or just wasn't paying attention, while really I was just trying to be considerate. I'm 1000% positive I'd have hated myself for renting a car, I'm so glad I didn't!

3) People sit in their parked cars a lot. This one I don't get at all. Kids sitting in the car, adults sitting in the car—what are they doing? It only creeps people like me out who notice you looking at me when I pass you parked car. It's not like they were talking on phones or doing anything. I'm at a loss on that one.

4) While driving by a church, the Irish cross themselves. This was fun to watch.

5) There are alot of restaurant signs that say 'take away' instead of 'take out'

6) My Capri Sun came with 2 straws. 2!

Advertisement



6th September 2012

Lol
Of course there was dog mess on the sidewalk, you were in Limerick.
7th September 2012

number 3: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Number 6: In China they say take away too.
7th September 2012

Take Away
In Ghana, it's "take away" also :). I think it's an European thing.

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb