Ireland Day 6


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
June 10th 2013
Published: June 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello again!

Today we traveled from Dublin to Killarney. We stopped a few times along the way. The first stop we made was in Cashel. We saw a couple a chapels. They were really cool. I had fun looking around. The church had no roof because there was a tax put on buildings with a roof. There were also some men buried on the grounds. One of them was the Protestant priest of the church, who was also the Catholic priest of a church in Northern Ireland. He believed people would mess with his grave so he couldn't go to haven so he had "I may or may not lie here" put on his tomb. He thought that would keep people from messing with his tomb. That was the coolest story in Cashel. Then we moved on to Cahir Chapel. We did not spend a lot of time here, so we got to explore on our own. That was fun! After this chapel we moved on to Blarney. This was my favorite stop of the day. We got to explore the castle, in the rain, on our own. It was the neatest place. We toured the castle and went up to the top. We went up to the kissing stone and some of us kissed it. Kissing the stone is very difficult. You have to lay down on your back and then pull yourself back far enough to kiss the bottom of the stone. I had so much fun. Once we got back the bottom of the castle, we walked around the grounds. We went in this beautiful are called Rock Close. It was amazing! There were beautiful flowers and waterfalls. I thoroughly enjoyed the walk through Rock Close. It was a lot of fun exploring in the rain today! Finally we made our way to Killarney. We went to eat at Mac's of Main Street. That was AMAZING! I really enjoyed the dessert! We had chocolate fudge cake and ice cream. It was great! Now it is time for bed!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb