Off to Killarney


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
March 20th 2011
Published: March 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

There was a slight rough start to the day, seeing as it was the day after St. Patricks day, we were all moving a little slow. We finally got all our belongings together and hopped on a bus from Galway to Limerick then caught our connection to Killarney from there. We didn't get in to Killarney until about dinner time, it was a good thing the B & B was right accross from the bus station because we were beat. We then went out to dinner at the only restaurant that appeared to be open, we walked in and everyone seemed to be feeling about as well as us! We had a few pints for the cure and then headed back for bed.

The next morning we were all feeling like a million bucks and hopped on the tour to see the Dingle Penninsula to go see some more of the beautiful scenery that Ireland had to offer. This day we weren't as lucky as the others because it began to rain pretty hard and the wind was whipping the rain right into our faces. The area was still really pretty and the tour was definitely worth it (see the pictures). We met a big group from Poland on the bus who were passing around the whiskey bottle to keep warm, we made friends quickly! The radio on the bus didn't work so the bus driver was singing to us, some traditional irish songs, haha it was pretty funny! We got to spend an hour in the town of Dingle and had a great lunch full of seafood. The tour didn't get back to the city until later that evening and we were all pretty tired. Rachael and I had to go to the mall accross from our B & B because I had to find cheap t-shirts to replace the ones that were ruined in the European Washing Machine Incindent. We then went back to the room to relax a little and then it was off to the pubs for a few final beers with Kate and Ty. When we got to the pubs there was a lot of drunken people coming out of the pubs because we had just missed Ireland winning the rugby game against England.

The next morning we woke up, said goodbye to Kate, Cathy, and Ty, and got on a bus to Cork.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb