Killarney


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
October 15th 2005
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok so the past few nights ok for the past week we have been drinking like fishes and have been having a great time. Jen and i got to know our neighbors and we actually enjoy their company. They make fun of us and it makes us relaize the differences between us and our countries. Theyre outlook on life is so different from ours and they actually make me feel kind of spoiled living in the UNited States. They call us F*ckin Yanks... and theyr accent is just hilarious. You can barely understand them because they speak so fast, and they use different words.

Once again it was time to buckle down and do another group trip, so it actually looks like we were doing something while we were over here to our college. Our next trip was to go to the town of Killarney over night..

We took a bus and arrived, our first stop was the town of Killarney, we visited Ross castle, as you can see my beautiful pictures.. we learned how they used to live back then, it was aboslutely gross. They slept on the floor on hay etc As we went outside i met a new friend. Mr. Crazy eyes. This cat just decided to hop onto my lap, and wouldnt leave me alone. He had awesome eyes tho..

..we then visited muckross house. it is an old mansion wiuth 125 rooms and 356 windows, one for each day of the year. it also had beautiful gardens, its in the Killarney National Park. We took a horsedrawn carriage to the waterfalls, and once again i do not have that picture for some reason, but the waterfalls were amazing.

we then went back to town to get to our hostel.we are staying in a really nice hostel. it is more like a bed and breakfast. We looked around the town and just kind of chilled out. bev and i went for ice cream and decided to do a little shopping. Gregs mother actually was in the town at the time we came in, so jen and him wnt to dinner with his mother. The rest of the night was relaxing.

The next day was the Ring of Kerry Tour...There was only wrong thing with this tour, lunch was almost 15 euros! for STEW! But anyways, the tour was great. I finally drank my first irish coffee! We then went around the area, and islands in the sea. Stopped in a small tiny town and made our way back to hostel.

Nikki B




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

ladys view industriesladys view industries
ladys view industries

queen elizabeths favorite place to go
FriendsFriends
Friends

me zach and jen


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb