The Ring of Kerry


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Killarney
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear Ones,
We have spent a very long but fascinating day driving the twists and turns and amazing side roads of what is known as the Ring of Kerry. It's about a 110 miles of a "mini" Ireland - with mountains, vales, rolling hillside, and many coastlines. Once again my driver was amazing negotiating the roads made for one car, not two. We bounced and zigged and zagged, but we saw such beautiful scenery and sites. Old forts, extraordinary cliffs, beautiful landscapes. Yes, we had rain and too many gray skies, but we also had sunshine and some blue sky to see. We're back at our bed and breakfast (so - so), for one more night. Shortly, we'll head downtown Kilarney to check out the pubs and the entertainment, even on a Sunday night. Tomorrow our plan is to drive the around the Dingle Pennisula and then head to the Cliffs of Moher. We so hope for good weather. Tomorrow night we will be at a new b an b around the Galway area and then Tuesday night we head for a place near the Shannon Airport as we have an early drop off for the car and a 9 a.m. flight. We are ready to come home, but it has been a trip of a lifetime, with memories and impressions of a lifetime.

We so look forward to catching up with all of you. Know you are in our thoughts and conversation. Love to all.

Geri and Lee

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb