Wonderful Kenmare


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Kenmare
November 12th 2008
Published: November 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I was told that the the best way to see Ireland was to arrive, hire a car and just head on down the road. They were right. Wanting to avoid the bigger cities we flew into Shannon and have took in most of the west coast heading down into County Kerry and Cork. While the driving can be an experience in itself it didn't take long to adjust to driving on the other side. The scenery really is as spectacular as the pictures but the real highlights were the little towns along the way. Dingle and Kinsale in Co. Cork were magic little coastal towns but easily the highlight of the trip was Kemare in County Kerry. We came across it after completing the spectacular Ring of Kerry. Right away the brightly coloured builidings tell you something of th eplace. We stayed 4 nights at O'Donnabhains and we enjoyed every minute of it and will certainly return. The B&B is well located in the centre of town but their was no street noise in our room. Our family of four had a lovely large room which was very comfortable and clean. Most importantly, our family was welcomed extremely warmly and were well looked after by the great bunch of guys working in the B&B and restaurant We really enjoyed, the kids really enjoyed it. Kenmare was the surprise highlight of our time away and O'Donnabhains was just brilliant.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb