Limerick to Dingle


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry » Dingle Peninsula
May 10th 2008
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another beautiful day, no rain and mid-sixties with sunshine. We drove 1-1/2 hours to the small town of Dingle, via Connor’s Pass. There are two roads which lead to Dingle; the main road which can accommodate the buses full of tourists and Connor’s Pass. Connor’s Pass is full of winding turns and many places where the road narrows to one lane. Yesterday was a clear day, so the views were amazing.
Along the way to Dingle, we found a sandy beach at Castlegregory. John had some fun with a dog who just loved to play fetch with rocks.
We spend the afternoon walking around Dingle, enjoying a lunch of fish and chips and an ice cream sundae. We checked into our Bed and Breakfast and I took a nap as I am still fighting this head cold.
John spent his afternoon reading in a pub and enjoying a few pints of Guinness. We went back to the pub and had fish and chips for dinner. Wanting some exercise, we drove back to the beach we had found earlier in the day. We had the chance to experience Conner’s Pass again, both going to and coming back from the beach.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb