Never a Dull Moment and the Kindness of Strangers


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
July 12th 2012
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So, taking a nice mellow day to do some food shopping (really should have paid attention when we were learning the metric system!) visited with the landlords of our house...who could not be nicer (Tom and Mary Geraghty)... and a great visit to Atlantaquarium where you can touch sting rays and sharks!



We decided to go to the park while waiting for Dad to finish class. This is when Jake decides it would be a good time to smash his chin open on a piece of playground equipment. I always have the backpack which has a first aid kit in it but it was getting heavy to I tossed it back in the car not ten minutes prior to the calamity. As I tried to stop the bleeding with my hand a kind older gentleman ran over with a napkin he promised was clean and volunteered to grab his car. Thankfully we could get across the street to our car and were helped by several people at NUI. Locals frowned on the hospital and had me call a local doctors office...where a nurse was very helpful. End result we made it through the night with a well very tight butterfly bandaid and it looks like we will avoid stitches. Jake will have a permanent memory of his trip to Ireland however he finds that COOL!

Advertisement



13th July 2012

See what happens when a lephrecaun gives up his hat. Jake i guess you are your brother's twin.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb