Dartfield Riding and Whiskey Distillery


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
May 18th 2012
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<span><span><span>Today we began the morning off early and headed toward Dartfield for a day full of riding as well as being entertained by our wonderful bus driver Paul. We arrived to Dartfield around 9:30-10:00am and we were spilt into two groups for a bit of riding. The first group headed off while the other spent their time walking through the Dartfield museum waiting their turn to brag about riding in the beautiful fields of Ireland. I myself was in the second group and we were all very excited to saddle up and get out and do what we all love so much. For some of us this was the very first time riding period, some it was their first time riding in an English saddle while others had many years and experience in riding. We began by walking the property and enjoying the view and then later got to trot, which was a great accomplishment for the new riders. After a quiet walk on the property a couple of us more experienced riders were waiting our turn to enjoy the Cross Country course field for ourselves. So we were asked to show our skills and do a couple jumps in front of the owner to prove we knew what we were doing. Then a guide showed us where we were able to run free! The course was more beautiful and amazing that I could have ever imagined, and for about thirty minutes I felt the free feeling that is always felt by an avid rider and completely engulfed myself in this wonderful experience that would never be forgotten.

<span> We all then had a wonderful lunch at the Dartfield cafe before gathering up, said our thank you and goodbyes, and loading up on the bus with Paul to head off to a great tour of a Whiskey Distillery Paul recommended. It was a good time seeing just how it was made and then those of us whiskey lovers got to sample the wonderfully smooth liquor. Then as some hit the gift shop for souvenirs the rest headed back to the bus and geared up for the long ride back to Dublin.

<span> Overall the day was a great experience and something I believe we all will hold in our hearts forever. We all share the same passion and love for the beautiful animals, and it will absolutely be something to look back on, remember and smile. 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb