Apparently, she has very nice teeth...


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
May 2nd 2008
Published: May 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Jessica finally finished her paper...she is done with school until the fall! We picked her up at Corrib Village and drove her to the school to turn in the paper. We then went down to the City Center to do some shopping on Shop Street, which is right next to Merchant Street (these Irish come up with some clever names for their streets). I picked up an Aran sweater, and Pam managed to find gifts for all the nieces and nephew. I got a few shots of Shop Street and Eyre Square. Later in the day, we dropped Jessie and one of her roommates off at the rugby game (Connacht vs. Cardiff Blues). Cardiff kicked Connacht's butt (39-6). Connacht was the home team...it was not a happy time! Apparently, Connacht is so bad that they are going to be disbanded.

While Jessie was at the rugby game, Pam and I had a wonderful meal in Salthill...Traditional Irish Lamb Stew with brown bread, and finished off with a Toffee Pudding with Cream. We caught up with Jessie after the game and went down to the City Center to visit The Bierhaus. They serve beers from all over Europe. I was able to try a Belgian lambic cherry beer and a Belgian triple ale, both were exceptional. Pam took the cherry beer for herself when she tasted it...it was like a cherry wine cooler. There was a guy who was obviously more interested in Jessie than me who kept chatting me up about what beer I was going to choose (maybe he liked her teeth), and another guy who had sampled one too many beers and passed out and had to be carried out of the building (I think I heard someone call him Rodney...). All in all, quite an interesting evening. We dropped Jessie back at the apartment and called it a night...tomorrow is going to be a very long day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Avanti, Galway, County Galway, IrelandAvanti, Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Avanti, Galway, County Galway, Ireland

I go to Ireland and I still can't get away from Avanti!


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb