Last Day at the Office


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
September 22nd 2006
Published: September 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Round the World Map

here's the likely RTW route!

colum@work.iecolum@work.iecolum@work.ie

Hard at work in the BTC Ireland office!
Well, the time has arrived for me to shut up shop at the “BTC Ireland office”, where I’ve been working for the last four weeks. This means my travels are about to begin! I must say I quite liked the BTC Ireland office… the dress code was very relaxed, the food was excellent and although we didn’t have a fancy coffee machine, the alternatives weren’t bad!


The only tickets we’ve booked so far are for the Trans Siberian train from Moscow to Beijing. The plan is not to have too many plans! We'll go with the flow, eventually ending up Australia sometime before Christmas.


Our estimated departure date is October 3rd.

Likely Route:
Dublin -> UK -> Brussels -> Koln -> Moscow -> Irkutsk -> Ulan Bator -> Beijing-> Shanghai -> Hong Kong -> Bangkok -> southern Thailand -> Australia -> New Zealand -> Fiji -> Hawaii -> United States -> Dublin


October 4th,
The best laid plans of mice and men... Now I'll be leaving on Saturday October 7th and flying to Moscow. The overland route to Moscow wasn't going to work out this time. Not to worry, I think I'll have no shortage of train journeys over the next while and can get back to Europe some other time.. Just as well we've delayed really because our passports are actually still on their way back from the Belarus embassy in London. We've been promised they'll arrive before Friday so fingers etc. are crossed...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb