Onwards and Upwards


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
September 11th 2006
Published: September 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We decided to make the move from our original accommodation into a place we (and Danny) could call our own. After dozens of fruitless phone calls and looking at flats in basements that were roughly the size of shoeboxes we found our dream home on the top floor of an apartment block that is a lot closer to the city, the train, and bus routes.

The place wasn't advertised with a sea view, but if you look close enough on a clear day you can see about 2mm of the ocean between two buildings! The beach is about 5 mins walk away and we are literally over the back fence from the cricket club - now that the season is drawing to a close we move as close to it as possible!

We had only been in the place for about 4 days before we greeted our first lot of visitors (Brock and Charlotte) with whom we had a fantastic time and found quite possibly the most entertaining pub in Dublin, the Irish music was amazing - a visit here wouldn't quite be complete without hearing a bit of The Pogues!

I am counting the days til we head to France this Friday and will be sure to inundate you with photos upon our return.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



25th September 2006

Where is your place. My Friend Ralphie is still living in Blackrock.

Tot: 0.422s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb