Great Day in Dublin.


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
May 28th 2006
Published: May 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Dublin SpireThe Dublin SpireThe Dublin Spire

120 meters (393 ft) high
In one day we traveled from Dublin => Howth => Brey => Dalkey => Killeney => Bray => Dublin.

A day I'll not forget that easy.

We started the day, after we woke up and had a, believe it or not, Irish breakfast. Something I'm not planned to do again, In Dublin. We walked true O'Connell Street and saw this huge something in de middle of the street. After asking several times of what it is how high it is and what it's meaning. We only know how high it is. The Dublin Spire. 120 meters (393 ft) high.


Then on to Connely station to get a Dart (train) to Howth. In Howth we wanted to see something different from Dublin. And we did. Howth is a small sailors village north of Dublin City. With a market, museums, and some nice restarants.


After spending some hours in Howth we took the Dart to Bray. In the far south of the province Dublin. Bray wasn't that spectacular. It's all about gambling there. Everywhere you stand or place you go in to there always is something to gamble. The landscape for example is great! Very relaxing. We sat for an hour in the sun staring at the sea and enjoying the sun.


Some minutes after we arrived in Dalkey for a short visit and tour from our friend Lynn. Lynn took as to Killeney to "spot" some houses. We've been to Bono (U2), Enya and Eddy Irvine (Formula 1).
very nice village, but don't come to close to the gate of Bono. 'Don't touch the gate' is wat you will hear.

And again we took the Dart to go to Bray, again. Lynn took us to some place with live music of some students. It really sucked, but hey there was Guinnes. So who cares.
Some hours later we where back at Temple Bar in Dublin City and drank some more. Tomorrow morning we're going back to Amsterdam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

GuinnessGuinness
Guinness

Just can't get enough
Temple BarTemple Bar
Temple Bar

A great bar! If you're around just get in!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb