I'm going home in the back of a divvy van


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
May 16th 2006
Published: June 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Fleeting visit on a cheap flight courtesy of Aer Lingus to visit Squeezy in Dublin. This time I was accompanied by the lovely Dana Potato. The three of us succeeded in eating, sleeping and sitting our way through a chilly Ireland weekend.

We did go out on the Saturday night and met up with one of Dana's friends and one of Cathy's friends. I'm sorry to say I didn't drink Guiness but I have discovered Bulmer's cider(Magner's in London). It had a nice if quite subdued night - we must be getting old. We were still quite late which made getting home difficult. But there's nothing like romance to save the day.

The night was late. The air was cold. The taxi queue was long. Three ladies stood in O'Connell street wishing for a miracle. Squeezy pulled out her magic wand (closely resembling her mobile phone) and within five minutes the hero of the story arrived in his chariot. Or should I say squad car. Squeezy's recent dalliance with a local Dublin Guarda (policeman) paid dividends and we were treated to a swift ride back to her place.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb