Tour Day 1


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
April 2nd 2007
Published: April 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After spending the night at Griffith College (thanks Soren!) we caught a bus to the city center, picked up breakfast and some water for the road and walked over to Paddy's Palace to begin our tour of Southern Ireland.

Today's first stop was at the ruines of the castle Dunamase near Portlaoise. It was very windy and though there was not much of a castle left, there was a beautiful church.

We jumped off the bus on the side of the road for a quick picture of the Rock of Cashel (impressive outside, not so impressive inside - and not worth the money to go in - according to Gabriel)

As we came into Cork County (learning lots of Irish history) we went directly to Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone and have some lunch.

The trip up to Killarney wasn't too long and we got to ride in a horse drawn carriage through Kilarney National Park (so beautiful!) Then we went the the hostel and lucked out getting a room to ourselves with our own bathroom!! We had dinner at an amazing pub, met some awesome people, listened to great music and enjoyed a cover band called J90 ("tight!")


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Woah...Woah...
Woah...

So the stairs to get up the the Stone are super steep and narrow!


5th April 2007

sarah howard, is that a beer i see in your hand?!?!?!

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb