A Sombre Day


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
July 7th 2005
Published: July 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey hey again: Michael and I spent the day wandering around Dublin this morning (by the way, for those who might not know, Michael is my brother!). We were asking for directions to the Kilmainham Gaol (jail) when a Guiness guard told us about the bombings in London. We were shocked and a bit worried, as we are heading to London on July 12. Also, many of the Aussies on our tour know people living and working there, and of course they could not get through by phone as the lines were jammed. We're praying that their friends and relatives are okay.
As for the Gaol, this tour was quite cool. The gaol also has a museum part with many artifacts from the gaols' nasty past. We had a guided tour inside the gaol, around the cells. The guide was great.
Anyway, it's off to the pub to say goodbye to our Ireland tour guides. Tomorrow, it's off around Scotland we go!

Advertisement



7th July 2005

Glad you're safe!
Hi Melissa, I was just thinking about you in light of the day's events. I'm glad to hear that you are safe and sound. I wasn't sure when your adventures would take you to London. Be safe and know that your Canadian friends back home are missing you and praying for your safety and complete enjoyment of your trip. Happy travels!
10th July 2005

How exciting! Be careful in london.

Tot: 0.354s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb