A long long day


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
May 2nd 2018
Published: May 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Wow . My eyeballs are threatening to close, but wanted to say we finally made it. Not much sleep at all on the flight overnight, but what can you expect. Breakfast on British Air hit a new low, however, with a prewrapped cold "pretzel bagel" with a slight smear of cream cheese. Oh dear. Anyway, we arrive in Dublin to rain around 3, found our rental car. And grateful that it stopped raining for we took at least 20 mins to figure out how to get the luggage into it. Not much boot space. To have gone for a larger car would have been so much more. John & Robin are having 2 small carry ons as arm rests in between them. David drove very very well on the "wrong side" with the manual shift with his left hand. Traffic was vicious on these narrow city streets of Dublin - but fortunately once we got to the city we were then in lighter traffic. Our AirBnB host was here when we arrived. It's a 2 story 2 BR place that used to be 100+ year old workers cottages for the Guinness Brewery. Was roofless 3 years ago!

Starving, we did a slight unpack,had our first cuppa and the very best triple chocolate bi and then hoofed it into the city - maybe 20 mins - aiming for the street with many restaurants but not knowing exactly where. When we saw the Hairy Lemon, and found it packed, and it sounded familiar from travel books, we sat down and had a most amazing evening, Meals were fishand chips with mushy peas, bangers & mash, cottage pie and traditional coddle. And a pint of Guinness, which everyone said tasted so much better here than anywhere else in the world. Very lucky with the weather so far - only drizzled a bit on us walking home. Our tootsies are tired and we are exhausted so off to bed, ready for a full day of city walking tomorrow too!



Explanation of the photos - the first two were from Niagara on the Lake, where weather was gorgeous. There is our ancient airbnb. St. Patricks Cathedral which is a 10 min walk max from us where we hope to attend evensong tomorrow. and the hairy lemon


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb