Bansha to Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
June 16th 2017
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Reserved SeatReserved SeatReserved Seat

on the train can display your name, if you choose to when you make the reservation
Travel day--we managed to drive to Cork and return the rental car with no major incidents. Did stop to fill up the gas tank and were bowled over by the quality of the gas station's offerings--hot and cold ready food, good-sized eating area, lovely set up. Had a bit of wait for the train but that was better than being late! Got our reserved seats with our names in lights, and had a great ride back north to Dublin. Some entertaining women had been to a concert the night before (the Elvis of the UK) and sounded like they had a good time.
Our flight to Isle of Man was reserved for early the next morning. The airport is 40+ minutes outside of the city so the choice was long ride Friday evening or Saturday morning; when planning, we opted for long ride Friday, short one early Saturday. Either way, there was going to be a pricey taxi ride sometime. At Heuston Train Station, got a taxi to the White House Hotel (motel, pub, depending on where you were looking at the name), chosen by us because of its proximity to the airport for our early-morning flight. Interesting place--entrances all over, two bars, outside area, attached Footgolf 'range', lots of locals. Ate a great meal, had one of the best showers (water pressure) in a long time, and settled in. The wifi was excellent and I was able to upload a lot of pictures. I even heard the beginning of the Friday night Traditional Music. The barman arranged for a taxi to get us at 6:30 and he was prompt! Great choice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

FootGolfFootGolf
FootGolf

We didn't take advantage. The ball was soccer size and the holes would accomodate it.
Dining RoomDining Room
Dining Room

our table
TableTable
Table

Legs-wrought iron
End pieceEnd piece
End piece

of the table
SaladSalad
Salad

Pineapple topped with cottage cheese then shrimp and sauce. Mike loved it. Enough said.
White House HotelWhite House Hotel
White House Hotel

same side, further back The back part is the room to be reserved for parties
Window viewWindow view
Window view

at 10 p.m.!!


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0705s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb