Dublin, Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
November 28th 2013
Published: December 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thanksgiving was just like another travel day for me here in England. I was on a taxi, trains, underground, and plane to Dublin, Ireland. It was even better that I would be able to walk off the plane and my parents would be at the airport ready for this adventure with me!

We arrived at the airport and eventually found my parents. My dad rented a car for the weekend so we would travel to the Cliffs of Moher and the Blarney stone. That only problem was that we would be driving on the other side of the road. The amount of heavy sighs and squeezing of door handles were countless. We were never in danger. It was just looking to the right and seeing a car come on the wrong side of the road had a lot of getting used to. We were finally able to arrive to the hotel. The hotel room we had was large with four separate beds for all of us. We had three tall windows to look out to the cathedral across the street and hear the noisy Dublin life at all hours of the night.

We did not want to stay in so we decided to walk down to the Temple Bar Area for food. This was lined with bars and music playing loud from all of them. The typical Irish scene you could imagine is exactly what I saw in Dublin that night. It was such a slower city then London or Paris or Rome but it was perfect. It was peaceful but ready for a good time and memories. We found a bar that we ate dinner and had a few beers. The food was absolutely amazing. It was the comfort food of seafood soup and light meals. We stayed in the bar for a while listening to a man play music in the distance. Finally I had the chance to catch up all my stories and my parents stories from these last three months.

We started to walk the street for a little bit and then decided our best option was to slowly walk back to the direction of our hotel. This was we could still see a lot of Dublin before we were back to our hotel. We had an early morning with a long drive! Dublin was a short stay this night but definitely worth all the time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0828s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb