Overnight on the plane


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
May 8th 2013
Published: May 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

7 1/2 hour trip to London. Boarding the flight went smoothly, and, after we lifted off from Chigao, we received the usual airline dinner offering, pasta or some kinda meat. Beverages were plentiful and included selections of both beer and wine. We stayed awake a little bit after the meal watching some movies. Turbulence also was featured as dessert. It was good enough for the pilot to seat the.flight attendants. The bars should be just be closing in Dublin as this is being written, so we are calling it a day and grabbing some shut-eye.



zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz



Next thing we know, the green, cloud covered country of Ireland greets us with a little wake up turbulence. Breakfast is served, a small croissant, orange juice and a yoghurt. Not a bad start, just enough energy to get a person going, but not enough sugars to cause a carbo-coma. It is about 15 minutes until we land and time to turn off electronic devices.



Landed in Heathrow, thinking that we would have a leisurely stroll to the next flight... NOT! It was an experience. The attendants on the flight said "If you have a connecting flight, you will fill out your customs forms on your connection". That was only accurate if your flights in the same terminal. We went from terminal 3 to terminal 1 via bus through a rat maze of construction / airport expansion , through the UK border agency, 2 biometric scans (government photo opportunities), and another security screening. To say the least, the walk was really long. The time marked on our boarding passes were off by an hour of the actual flight time, so we were very concerned the flight was leaving without us. After attaining the correct flight time at the service desk, we await our flight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb