Grand Tour of Ireland 2012 Day 10: Wax Museum and Temple Bar DIstrict


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
July 1st 2012
Published: March 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We took another day off today to just take it easy in Dublin. We headed over to the Wax Museum Plus and really the part we enjoyed the most was playing with the torture slab at the entrance of the museum! I just wasn't too impressed with what was inside. Maybe its because I've been to some really great wax museums in Texas before. Still, seeing some well known wax replicas was still fun. Although I think maybe the U2 wax figures deserve a bit more attention. They are just there in their rattle and Hum Phase. How old is that phase? 20-25 years? Wow did that feel old all of the sudden!

After our wax museum visit we headed off to eat in the neighborhood. We stopped at the Hairy Lemon named after a crazy hairy diseased local. The food was great tho! We decided to feast on Irish favorites today. I ordered some coddle. Coddle is a stew/soup of boiled rashers and bangers. Its tasty and hot but sort of weird. I'd never had boiled sausage and bacon before. It seemed very Irish so of course I ordered it. Colby got the more traditional and boring Shepard's Pie. That is minced meat with sauce topped with mashed potatoes and melted cheese on top. He liked it but he wished he'd snuck over a bottle of Tabasco sauce. It needed some taste added to it. In all Irish food has been on the blander side. We've eaten Italian, Asian, and Spanish foods while here just to escape the boring Irish foods. Irish Breakfast is still King though!

We spent the rest of the day visiting pubs downtown before we headed home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Pope ShowdownPope Showdown
Pope Showdown

Pope Colbitus the Efficient and Pope Wallus the Waffler


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb