St. Patrick's Day


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
March 22nd 2010
Published: March 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: stp15 31 secs
SO- yes I spent St. Paddy's Day in good ol' Dublin!!! Jealous??? You should be. 😉

Anyways, there isn't too much to tel, pictures will say it all!

I woke up at 6:05 a.m. and made it to the Paddywagon bus at 6:50 and we left promptly at 7- thank you Amanda for saving my wonderful seat! I can always count on her to be on time and early to take care of business!

It was a LONG morning drive straight o Dublin- 3 hours no stops. Though I am used to this drive having done it myself from DFW to Austin regularly- but not at 7am. Ugh. We actually got there around 9:45 and were told the parade wouldn't start until 12- so plenty of time to eat, shop, and grab a good spot on the side. And did we! Hanging with Amanda is perfect for me because she is about getting to places early and we got great spots right in front of a grandstand and got to see the events and attractions up close. We also were against the guard rails so we had something to lean on for the 3 hours we stood lol!

Well pictures are worth thousand words- and so mine are worth about 200,000 lol 😊

Enjoy the fun and colors! There were these cat people and the best thing ever said to us was a cat guy who came up and with his "casablanca" hands (you know this if you watch Modern Family) and said, "Grrrowel, ladies, grrrowel" LOL! And then another cat guy came over and petted Amanda lol sketch...but hilarious.

Totally worth the wait and we met a girl from Georgia and her boyfriend lives in Austin and she totally mentioned AMY'S ICE CREAM!!!!! Thank you God for bringing that to my life lol

We went to Burger King for Caitlin and Amanda and I waited outside and a large crowd was around the O'Connall memorial in the middle of the street and cameras and video cams were held up toward it- a man had climbed all the way to the top- a good 2 stories high and was a bit stuck- when he came down we all cheered and then the police escorted him away lol- good craic!

After we had a bite to eat (i got a hot dog) we went and waited for our bus to the Guinness Factory- way more fun than I had thought it'd be- my camera had been totally dying since the beginning of the parade so I was SO worried I'd have no pics left 😞 I managed to keep it alive for the rest of the trip somehow! I kept taking the batteries and switching places- somehow that worked. I bought a ton of crap too- it was awesome. I DID get my St, P's day shirt for 2010 and it said Guinness Factory St. James Brewery Dublin- so woot- it covers everything I did this year 😊 happy.

On the bus back home I was really bummed because I had hoped to be back before 8 to make it to a movie by 830, but my phone kept dying on me (ugh with things dying on me) and ended up missing the movie, but was able to shower, dry hair and go back out with them to Javas for a quiet evening (everyone was gone to pubs) and then over to Josh's house with Kieran and Aethei- Jackie and Anne had to go home. Funny though, I got there and soon discovered MY housemate Donna there too! Safety Dave (archery head) is Josh and Kieran's roomie! RANDOM :D So I was there till about 130 and then the boys walked me back- such gents. There was glass on the ground at Plassey and they acted shocked and I said, "did you think I was joking???"

Haha- good St. P's Day- more active on it than ever before 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 264, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb