St Patrick's Day!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
March 17th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

dublindublindublin

the street where the parade was, bring on the huge screen telly at the pub!
what a massive day in Ireland. there are so many people here!

we are totally hung over and tired after our big one in temple bar, but we made it uo in time to head down to the parade.

but, couldn't see a thing. all the streets are blocked off and no one is allowed through for any reason. so we did it like the locals and went to the pub to watch it on the big screen.

the parade was huge and went for about 2 hours, there was floats about the vikings and the celts and irish dancers and everything. it really was fantastic to watch.

then we went to a pub called The Arlington. this pub was massive! it was two levels and the bottom had irish music and dancers, while upstairs had an irish band. this place really was big.

we made friends with a bachelors party, only because we wanted the two spare seats at the table, cause it was shoulder to shoulder, but they turned out to be really nice guys and bought us a few drinks. it's that whole loving auzzies again...

so after our big one
dublindublindublin

happy St Pat's Day! not too good looking and extremely hungover!
the night before, we only made it till about one the next morming, then it was off to snooze land...


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

dublindublin
dublin

The Arlington! one of the best pubs that we have ever been to!
dublindublin
dublin

one of our new friends, he kept buying us drink after drink!
dublindublin
dublin

everyone had these bum things on, this little girl told me that "pog mo thon" means kiss my arse in gaelic!
dublindublin
dublin

irish guys, very funny fellows...
dublindublin
dublin

prue, lovin the pints...
dublindublin
dublin

having fun in dublin, after lots of pints...
dublindublin
dublin

upstairs at the arlington, bloody massive place, but packed to the brim...
dublindublin
dublin

prue and brad pitt, no seriously (ok maybe in 10 years time)...
dublindublin
dublin

prue and more funny irish guys...
dublindublin
dublin

temple bar was packed on the long walk home...


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb