dublin FINALLY!


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
March 16th 2007
Published: March 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

dublindublindublin

this is St Patrick's Church, we found it on our little walkabout, but didn't realise it untill we went on a bus tour!
so we finally made it to Dublin. it's bloody freezing here. it's actually snowing on us.

we went straight to the pub across the road from the hostel as soon as we got there. after the flight we so deserved it.

so went in the pub and the first person we meet is a guy from melbourne, crazy! him and his girlfriend were their for St Pat's as well and it turns out that they actually work in the hostel that we are staying at in London. so we went out for drinks with them...

next day we went for a little walk around to try and do some sight seeing. of course we got lost and ended up in the ghetto. we later found out that it is the oldest part of Dublin and is a viking district!

after that we needed a little pick me up so straight back to the pub across the road, which by now the publican knows our names and we are allowed to call it our local. everyone loves an auzzie!

then we decided to take on temple bar, it is a really pretty little place right on
dublindublindublin

the streets of Dublin (this one is out the ghetto!)
the River Liffe ( i hope i spelt that right, sorry to anyone if i didn't).

wasn't going to be big, but it turned out to be massive and we did't get back to the hostel untill daybreak the next morning, much to the disgust of the other people in our room.

so bring on St Pat's Day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

dublindublin
dublin

Grafton Street, BIG SHOPPING!
dublindublin
dublin

St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre
dublindublin
dublin

prue and her vegemite, by the end of our stay she had everyone eating it on toast - this is one for the poolroom!
dublindublin
dublin

in temple bar, these guys are from portugal, we swear this chick looked like eva longoria...
dublindublin
dublin

temple bar still, this guy was french, couldn't understand a word he said, but we managed a conversation.
dublindublin
dublin

still in temple bar, this irish guy was so incrediably drunk, he kept falling over us and spitting when he talked...


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb