Welcome 2007


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
January 8th 2007
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well what a start to the year....After 15 long years of having the worst New Years Eve experiences in history, Ireland showed me a cracker. God I love this country. Mimi and myself decided to see in the Australian Time Zone New year with a night at the Arlington. Went out with some girls on tour and some of our favourite full timers. Rather large evening and was not keen to do it all again for the Irish New Year. We headed over to our local the Celt about 11.30pm and was expecting to see the new year in and go home. This was not to be, a few bulmers later, Betty and the band cranking out some of our favourite traditional tunes, the night seemed to fly by, 2am came along and it was well and truly past the closing time when the boss who took a shine to me invited us to stay in for a lock in... How very exciting! This is exactly what it means, the doors lock and we are still inside. The music continued with every Irish man taking turns to sing their own song - this is spine shivering stuff guys. We walked out at 6.30am - What a night/morning.
Yesterday we headed to the Brazen Head, the oldest Irish pub for a Sunday Session and some more live music, great afternoon that turned into an even greater night with an encore performance of us all at the Celt again. So now the New Year is here, the consumption of alcohol quota already hitting well into March, Few quiet weeks to make peace with my liver and kidneys.
Off to Belfast tomorrow night with Mimi to spend a few days. We get free accommodation at Paddys Hostel up there so it’s Happy Days.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



11th January 2007

hi beautiful
love the photos!! why do you all look brown!! must be the lights hehe you sound like your having fun where having a ball little hung over today and how exciting its been snowing we had a snowball fight last night having such an amazing trip miss u luv loz xxx
31st January 2007

Hey hey New years 2007 team!
Hey Tricia! Great site! I too am ready to embark on some travels in my 30's. Just need to head home and pay off some debt. We have travelled afar over europe, but by far love and miss Ireland. You guys were great value! Hope everyone is well and that it won't be too long before we all catch up again. If not Ireland maybe somewhere else. I am sure we will all still have a blast! Great to see some of the new years happy snaps on the site. Email you soon, Cat (and Sheree). Hi to Mimi, Dan, Finbar, Clibh and anyone and everyone else!!

Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb