Goodbye Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork
June 4th 2012
Published: June 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are sitting at Cork airport waiting to fly to Bristol. No rain today, the sun came out earlier.

We had a lovely drive to the village of Kinsale yesterday. It is a pretty little place on the sea. Lots of brightly coloured cottages with pretty flower boxes on their windows.

Cork is quite a big city, pop 500,000. It was a major port in days gone by. It was the last port of call by the Titanic before it sailed to its disaster.

We had an interesting drive to the airport this morning. The Cork marathon was on today and they had closed a lot of the city streets. Our taxi driver was not happy...not that we could understand a lot of what he said. The traffic was a nightmare, it was lucky we had plenty of time otherwise we would have been a bit stressed. The 15 min trip took nearly 50 min.

We are staying just out of Bath in a small village called Box, I don't think it is very big so it will be nice to be in the country.

I will attach a photo I took of Graeme yesterday. He found a new friend! I know you girls at his work will love it!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb