Dingle Peninsula and Cork


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork
June 3rd 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have had a couple of lovely days driving from Galway to Dingle. It has been raining quite a lot but that's Ireland! We drove the scenic route along the coast, it was a long drive but certainly worth it for the spectacular views. Some of the roads are very narrow and curvy, there is no clearance on the side of the road. There are stone walls, undergrowth and big trees hanging over the road. We came across a few tractors and a few wandering sheep.

The Dingle area is absolutely beautiful, even with the rain. We stayed at a little village called Annascaul, pop just over 200. Our B&B was really good, the young couple who run it were so friendly and helpful.

It rained all the way to Cork yesterday, quite heavy at times. We called in for a quick look at Killarny, very pretty town.

Thank goodness for Geni the GPS! Cork has a pop of over 500,000, lots of traffic and with the rain....could have been very stressful.....well more than it was!

The weather has cleared a little today. We are going for a drive to a little town called Kinsale, apparently it is worth a look.

We are flying to Bristol tomorrow and picking up a car and then going to Bath for a few nights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb