Typical tourists


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Kinsale
July 29th 2008
Published: August 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today, we overslept! We scheduled our breakfast for 8am and we woke at 8:10. We hurried ourselves down to breakfast and it was almost 10am before we left the B&B. We were sad to see that is was raining, but we couldn’t complain since this would only be the second day of rain, which is pretty good for Ireland. We headed for downtown Kinsale to see some more sights that we have missed the previous evening. Downtown Kinsale was very busy; I think that all the locals and tourists had the same idea. This tiny town was bursting at the seams with people, and we had trouble finding parking. We wandered through the shops and a great farmers market for the next few hours. Kinsale is a beautiful harbor town below Cork City and we all loved spending time here. We hopped in the car and set off for our next destination, Killarney. Instead of taking the highway, we took a very scenic route that took us along the coast and through the Killarney National Park. The drive was longer, but well worth it. The countryside was gorgeous mountains surrounding still blue lakes, The roads wind in S-curves and each turn is breathtaking We ended up in Killarney around 7pm and we dropped off our bags and headed for dinner. We ate at Laurel’s restaurant and singing pub, but we were a little disappointed that Killarney had become very touristy. At dinner, we had Americans all around us, and we could have sworn we were in the US. After dinner, Eileen headed back to the lodge, and Amy and I took in some music and pints. We stopped at a few pubs, one with modern Irish music and one with Traditional. We didn’t stay out too long because we were tired from our travels of the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb