return to volleyball


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Cork
March 11th 2010
Published: March 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So last night i was talking to kasey and she was saying how their team needed to get a middle to play in a tournament in april so that they can go. i guess i should have started by saying that over the course of my time here kasey and i have discussed vball quite a bit and it was strange because rather than dwelling on all the really shitty things that went badly all i could remember was how much i loved it. so ive been kinda toying with the idea of going with her to practice but just have always had something else planned during the same time. but when we were talking last night i was like well if you ask if i can come along i might be able to help you guys out. i mean i did play middle year round for 7 years. i figured not all was lost in the abyss known as my brain. plus im actually in better shape than i was when i played so i was like, why not? anyway she asked, because it was an invite only practice, and they said i could come along. and that was last night

today i had class all day and then thankfully took a nap! classes werent that terrible i actually knew what they were talking about this time but just the stress of all the papers coming due and the teachers saying how little time we have left kind of started to worry me. maker's myth was really interesting today though we talked about cyborgs and how natural things are that we assume are natural but could be considered manufactured items. I then came back to find my art friends on skype!! hehe yay karolin and lana!! havent talked art like that in a while, i was quite amused!! and if karolin comes to visit me while she's in sweden that would make my whole life!!! (do you see the subtle guilt trip!)

after that i actually had to get ready to go to vball practice. it was really strange cause i felt not completely prepared, i had no spandex, no knee pads, no ankle braces and so not the right shoes. it was fine they arent that intense but my psyching up for vball just wasnt the same. anyway i did pretty well. i was really surprised. i havent played in 4 years but it just kind of all came back. i was definitely rusty but by the end i was actually keeping up with them and playing. it was strange though they had me play all the way around, ive never really done that before. but it was fun. i even served pretty well, missed a few but i did grand like. didnt really realize though but my arms are now about half a size bigger and red and i sprained my right pinky 😞 but considering the other possibilities that is actually quite good!! and they invited me back to play with them and even asked if i was around to maybe play in the tournament in dublin (which i am). i will have to just see what happens but im glad i went and will now be going on tuesday.

hope you all have a great day! and good luck to my friends on the quarter system that are in their dead week. just a reminder this is my last blog for a few days i leave for kerry tomorrow afternoon and get back sunday night (mom can we maybe work out a later skype time?? say 10pm my time, 2 pm yours- so that i can go to mass and get settled again- let me know)

oh ps yadsendew is just wednesday spelled backwards (thanks for paying attention pa!) love you all- have a GREAT weekend!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb