Weekend in Cork


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Cork
October 2nd 2005
Published: October 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

This weekend Jay and I went to Cork, Ireland to visit our friend Ryan from Swarthmore.

We got in late Friday night and met up with Ryan. We dropped our stuff off at his place and went out for the night. We got back to his flat pretty late and watched some episodes from season three of the OC on Ryan's computer. Sleepless, Jay and I caught the 6AM bus to Dublin. It was a four hour ride through some beautiful countryside. Once we got there we headed to the Guinness factory. We took the self guided tour, got our complimentary pint, and spent some money in the shop. It was a great experience and we were definitely happy with our decision to take the four hour bus ride. We passed on the Irish lunch and instead ate at the Hard Rock Cafe.

We got back to Cork and had another great night with Ryan. Met a bunch of his friends and spent the night out in the city. Jay and I shot some excellent pool. We slept late the next day and caught an early afternoon flight back.

It was definitely a great weekend. Both nights were totally fantastic and the trip to Dublin was amazing.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Advertisement



2nd October 2005

Ireland
Well, I am glad you got to Ireland...where are the photos of castles and green fields and pubs!! Oh well, a pint (or more) of Guinness is a good thing!! Keep having fun!!
6th October 2005

Oh never, oh never, oh never again, if I live to a hundred or a hundred and ten, I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up, after drinking a pint of that Johnny Jump Up!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb