Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Blarney
July 20th 2007
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The alarm goes off at 3am......After only two hours sleep and too much beer from The Roots concert the night before ..... up and on the road again for the next adventure.....Ireland!

I'm amazed at how many people are looking so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at Stansted Airport at 4:30am......I'm somehow running on adrenaline & momentum from the night before! But bright-eyes and bushy-tails seem a world away to me!!

We arrive at Cork airport at 8am and are greeted by our lovely friend Stewart. None of us are from Cork, so we proceed to drive around in circles trying to find our B&B! All I can think about is breakfast and a quick powernap, but they seem miles away!!

We finally stumble across 'Killarney House', our lovely B&B in Blarney and then go on the hunt for some much-needed breaki! The Lemon Tree cafe caters to all our needs and within half an hour, we're feeling re-fuelled and ready for the day ahead!

A nice walk around Blarney and then meet up with some of Edward's cousins who have also come over from London for our Irish adventure! Some greetings and Guinness's in the pub and then we're off to see some Irish relatives of Edward's late Granddad. They welcome us in the warm and friendly Irish way and put on a delightful dinner for us all to enjoy. They live on a farm and it's nice to inhale the fresh, clean air (with a hint of cow dung scent!!) and be drawn in by the lush and green countryside surroundings! We are lucky to see a one-day old calf....aw so cute!!

The next day, (after having more than 2 hours sleep!yay!), we feel energised enough to go and explore Cork city for the day. It's lovely! Being Saturday morning, there are lots of people and things going on in town.

Saturday night and we hit the local pub for dinner, which is kicking on with all the locals! Have a fun night and meet more Irish relatives.

Sunday morning we take a walk to Blarney Castle and look for shamrocks, before meeting more of the Irish relatives for lunch for more food and drink.

Sunday night we get the flight back to London.....the long weekend over already!

Very enjoyable time.....I love Ireland!! I know i'll be back!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

'Who's the cutest?' competition'Who's the cutest?' competition
'Who's the cutest?' competition

Hannah, Olivia and the eventual winner!
Cake-eating Competition...Cake-eating Competition...
Cake-eating Competition...

...there was only ever going to be one winner here!!


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb