Ireland Day 1


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare » Cliffs of Moher
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day1



We arrived in DC without any major delays and were able to meet up with Erin’s old roommate Steph for lunch before we headed to Erin’s Uncle and Aunts place. Thankfully theu lets us park our car at their house while we were gone. In addition, Erin’s uncle John drove us to Dulles for our departure. We started off by waiting in a massive line to get our tickets and check our baggage. We seem to pick all the quickest lines to get through security and made it to our gate with plenty of time to spare.
Before leaving we stopped at a bar in the airport for a drink to start off our vacation. We both opted for a Corona thinking that it wouldn’t be the “beer of choice” in Ireland.
Once we were settled on the plane we were on our way. Ryan was able to get some sleep but I couldn’t get comfortable.
Arriving in Dublin we were immediately met with a culture shock. The irish are extremely fast talkers and it took us awhile to finally figure out what they were saying and where we needed to go. While waiting in line at the customs check we heard our names over the intercom system (which took three times before realizing what they were saying), so after moving through we headed to baggage claim to get our message. Our connecting flight to Shannon was delayed so they placed us on another flight. We did get a free lunch out of the deal, but trying to figure out the monetary system here is not simple- hopefully we’ll get the hang of it after a day or two.
So our 9am departure to Shannon isn’t heading out until 11:30am, so we’re just trying to stay awake and waste time. At least our gate (or pier as they call it here) is far enough away from the main crowded and loud terminal.
By the way- it’s raining outside, and we’re hoping it stops by the time we get to Shannon or it will be interesting navigating the opposite side of the road in the rain. 



Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb