Paul's visit


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Carlow » Carlow
March 15th 2009
Published: April 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Paul was here for a week and we had an amazing time! He arrived in Dublin on Saturday the 7th. I met him at the airport and we spent the day sightseeing in Dublin. We saw Christchurch Cathedral and had chicken nuggets and chips (instead of fish and chips) outside by the cathedral. We then went to the Brazen Head, the oldest pub in Ireland and Paul had his first Guinness in Ireland! After that, we went to the Jameson Distillery and went through the tour. Paul volunteered to be a taste tester so now he is a certified whiskey tester with a certificate and everything!! haha

On Monday I gave Paul a tour of Carlow and had lunch at a local pub. On Tuesday we left for London. In London went to St. Paul's Cathedral and ate at a really cool sushi restaurant. Wednesday we saw Big Ben, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. Since Paul is a big Beatles fan, we took a walking Beatles Tour through London that was really interesting. Since I had already been to London, it was fun to see different parts of the city that I hadn't seen before! We got to walk across the Abbey Road crossing!! Paul was very excited!

On Thursday we left London and came back to Carlow in time for live Irish music at the local pub. Paul really enjoyed listening to the music. Paul took me out on Friday for a nice dinner and a movie and on Saturday I took him back to the airport. He had a great trip and it was really nice having someone from home here!

Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day so we decided to go to Dublin to see the parade. We had a blast! The parades here are not like the ones at home because the "floats" here are not motorized but carried by people. The floats were attached to people with rope and they carried it on their backs! I was surprised at the amount of American college and high school bands that played in the parade. We hung out in Dublin for the day and headed back to Carlow last night. It was a St. Patrick's Day to remember!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb