Another cock up.


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland
September 3rd 2006
Published: October 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Last night:

got a phone call in the afternoon from our guest house landlord and he conveniantly had double booked our room for the night, as last night was the festival of light here in Keflavik where 40,000 people...yes 40,000 in a harbour town the size of wroughton. So we had go pack up all our stuff so the guests could move in, when i say we i meant I, i did all the packing and everything and what a nightmare. Then had to lift 60kilos worth of luggage into the car, not to mention the beer i bought for the festival for last night. SO yes, then I found out we were to be staying with the boss of the company for the night in his house in reykjavik ( this guy is big news over here) and wew ere to meet up with him after the festival to drive to reykjavik. gay, so me or brian couldnt drink as one has to drive, so we compensated by drinking a single beer each. So we hung around in the garage where brian does the valeting and everything and shot some hoops in the basketball ring in the garage. We decided that keflavik was too busy to hang around in, i dont like big crowds anyways...so we went to the coast and watched the sun set, then went back to the opposite side of the harbour where we could see the fireworks, got all cosied up in my dead skin fur trimmed jacket and sat on the rocks, waited ages for fireworks and then something strange happened in the sky, it was Aurora Borealis/ Northern lights.. swirls of colour swirling and moving about in the sky.. it was actually bloody amazing, -and it was weird how it happened just before the fireworks and ended at the start of the fireworks! Magical!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.02s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb