Returning towards Reykjavik


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland
July 23rd 2006
Published: July 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We started on the route back to Reykjavik, with some stops along the way for things we had missed on the way out:
1. Klauster - for the waterfall there, we hadn't gone to it on the way out as we wanted to get to the national park in time so we could do our long walk and not be ruched.
2. Vik - we walked up to the top of the mountain behind it - climbed up more steep slopes with me looking petrified (though I'm always the one who suggests we climb them in the first place, go figure!). It was freezing when we got to the top!
3. Keri explosion crater - not far from where we were staying, with a lake in the bottom that reflects the water table level.
We stayed in Herdigerdi again but decided to go out for dinner - in a coastal village about 20km from the hotel was a famous lobster restaraunt, where we went for dinner, which was excellent.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Lake above waterfallLake above waterfall
Lake above waterfall

Apparently nuns used to bathe in this, so the story goes...
Us freezingUs freezing
Us freezing

At the top of the hill behind Vik, waiting for the camera to be blown off the block we put it on to take the photo by the strong winds!
HerdigerdiHerdigerdi
Herdigerdi

It's a geothermal area - the greehouses there are heated by geothermal things!


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb