Until next time...


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Vogar
June 24th 2016
Published: June 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After packing a bit we decided to go Geocaching. We found a lovely hike within three minutes of the house - Stadarborg. It is a partially built stone structure with a fascinating history. On the hike you followed the cairns from one spot to the next. The moss along the rocks was so squishy and soft. At that geocache we left our geocoin and picked up one from the Czech Republic to leave in a VA geocache.

After that we finished packing and went off to look at the Blue Lagoon and top off the gas tank. Today is very cloudy, foggy, and misty/rain. But again we can't complain as we had ten days of sunny warmer weather.

At the airport our flight was delayed. The airport had fussball tables and other things set around. So that's what the kids and Mike did.

On to home now...over Greenland we could see the ice cap, the glaciers, and the icebergs in the ocean. Then over Canada we saw the ocean current distinctly with the icebergs. Also Emma noticed the narrowness of the St Lawrence at Quebec. Great geography lesson.

Favorites for today -

Mary - walking around the house and the seawall.

Judith - geocaching and hiking

Mike - Sam watching cartoons on the plane and laughing so hard

Emma - seeing the icebergs off the coast of Greenland and Newfoundland from the airplane

Noah - geocaching

Sam - geocaching




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb