Vik, Iceland


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » South » Vík
August 16th 2012
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We went to a place with puffins. Lots of puffins. There were these straight things. We went to a waterfall and it was fun and pretty. We got a little wet. We went behind a waterfall. It looked like sugar. We got wet but it was still fun. The end. Iceland and Greenland. My favorite things on this trip: waterparks, fishing, snowmobiling, whale watching, helicopter, waterfalls, ice beach, car boat, long boat rid to icebergs, and playing with Maddie. - Sofia Journal Aug 17 and favorite list.

It was time for our last full day in Iceland. We had a great night staying in the Vik hostel. The town of Vik is very small with around 300 people living there. It is the southernmost town of Iceland, which is still north of most places I have been. I met some kids my age and I watched a movie with them and then played with them the following morning. We had fun chasing chickens. I wish we could have stayed more nights at this hostel. The people who worked there were very nice too.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________



We then drove less than 30 minutes and arrived at a very cool beach. First, it had these really cool straight rectangular rocks. I had fun standing by them and getting on them. Secondly, after seeing only 1 puffin on out trip this far, there were 1000's of them here. They were so cool to see flying all around. I had fun playing on the beach with daddy.

Our next stop was an incredible waterfall, Skogafoss, that was just off the highway. There were so many waterfalls in Iceland, but this was definitely in the top 5. It was very high an lots of water. We got a little we from the spray when we got close. I had loved making leave boats and had a lot of fun on daddy's shoulder.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________



The next stop was our last waterfall, Seljalandsfoss. While it was not as big as Skogafoss, the really cool thing was that we could walk behind it. We got a little wet, and it was loud, but it was a lot of fun. I also loved the horses that were in front of it. There was one hore that stood out with grey color and polka dots...I called him Oreo. I also had fun
Sail AwaySail AwaySail Away

Skogafoss
chasing daddy here playing tag.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________



Then it was a couple hour drive back to Reykjavik. I had so much fun on this trip, from the first week when we were with Lenny and Maddie and went to Greenland too, to the incredible adventure Daddy and I had going around ring road of iceland. It was definitely true that except for the ice beach and glacier that we went snowmobiling on, Greenland was ice, and Iceland was green. They both were beautiful and a lot of fun.

So another summer trip has come and gone, but daddy has already booked next summer's adventure.....Laos and Myanmar with short stops in Thailand and Singapore. Not to mention a short trip with brother Vitor to Panama in October.....to be coninued..............


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

OreoOreo
Oreo

I named this guy Oreo


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb