Iceland - Time for a Change


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » South » Oreafi
March 10th 2017
Published: March 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Next stop Iceland. That's the Wild Atlantic Way done. Thank yo Ireland. It has been an incredible adventure. Now it is time to move further north west to the very edges of the European continent. It's time to experience Iceland. A land of fire and ice - maybe a little like something you might see in Game of Thrones. Hopefully there won't be any white walkers or members of Lannister family hanging out up there.

Jokes aside, we have heard a lot about this amazing little island. The stories speak of a stunning and unspoiled landscape - nature at its most extreme and pure in its form. And of a people who are warm and welcoming to all. We cannot wait to get there. Our adventure will begin in Rejkjavik - the capital city on the south side / south west side of the island (i think!??).

That's where the airport is, so that is where the road begins. We will then embark on the Route One road trip that runs around the entire island and draws in it's most spectacular scenery. If yo haven't already done so, consider adding Route One to the bucket list. It's one of the Top 10 European Road Trips. The weather is can be a beast in itself up in those parts so we will need to try and hire a suitable vehicle. Something strong, reliable and sturdy - and won't break down when the going gets tough. A 4x4 most likely.

Can't wait to see those geysers and sculpted nordic mountains!! Chat later, Jane.

😉

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb