Sightseeing


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary
September 12th 2009
Published: September 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I was feeling better today so we decided to go out and do some sightseeing. We went over to the Parliament building to take a tour, but they had sold out of tickets by the time got there. You can't go in the building unless you're on a tour, so we unfortunately didn't get to see that. Next we went over to St. Stephen's Basilica. The inside of the church was absolutely gorgeous, with ornate gold carvings, marble pillars, and statues, among other things. We paid to see the treasury, which was a small room with a bunch of historic treasures and sacred items. We also paid to go up the central tower, which brought us to a 360-degree balcony and amazing views of the city. I'll definitely be going back here when Mom, Gram, and Ashley come. After the basilica, we went to see the Buda Castle Labyrinth, a dimly lit network of rooms and tunnels underneath the Royal Palace. It was pretty creepy, and there was one room that was completely pitch black so you had to use a rope to guide you around. They had this one section showing rocks with imprints of shoes, cellphones, and computers that were jokingly said to be alien artifacts found in the labyrinth. The whole thing was kind of a cheesy tourist trap and seemed like it was set up to make fun of museums, but it was kind of cool anyway. I think there's other places that are actual caves you can tour, so we may check those out another day.

Unfortunately, I didn't charge my camera, so I wasn't able to get any pictures. But I plan on going back to these places at one point or another, so I'll get them eventually.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb