Lake Balaton - Puszta


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary
July 17th 2008
Published: July 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

When I was a child my parents took me and my sister almost every year on a trip to Hungary. That meant: Packing the car and driving for around 24 hours (I think) to a place (whatsoever, wheresoever. you will find one!) near the Balaton lake. Maybe you don't even have to drive a car in days of cheap airlines and such, but I can tell you: The freedom you have if taking a car is just nice.

Ok...so every year we just got in the car and drove to a place that looked nice, stopped and well... we found a cosy place every single year just like THIS. It takes no time to find a place even in the summer and the prices in Hungary are just that low that you can take what so ever looks nice. The people in Hungary are really friendly and if you like a place you can even get a "free deal" without signing a contract of getting the same place in 1 year again. Maybe you think it sounds boring to go to the same place again and I might think so too if I haven't done it, but all I can say is that being at the same place on your holidays is just fine. You know where to go: You know where the best beach is, you know where the good bakeries and nice restaurants are and so on... and oh yes, how good the restaurants are!! Hungarian food is delicious! Not the stuff you get on the beach ... but restaurants are outstanding and cheap!! One thing I just remember: if you don't like cats or dogs, Hungary might not be a place for you as pats are basically just running around. I myself loved that! You have to remember that Hungary is a rather poor country. So don't expact great Hotels with room service or buffet. Instead you buy your own food, maybe just breakfast and then spend the day at the beach (where you always get food; people are even running around selling delicious fruits, vegetables and other kinds of foods) and at the evening you maybe go to one of the cheap and deliciour restaurants. It's just so easy-living!

As conclusion I get that Hungary is a totally great place for the whole family because:
1) You don't need to book a place in advance as you will find something cheap easily
2) Hungary is easy to reach with the car if you are from Europe
3) Hungary is cheap, so you don't need a fortune to spend beautiful holidays
4) Hungarian people are friendly, the food is good, the places are family-friendly
5) Hungarian villages are quiet and relaxing, but if you want you can book cheap bus trips to places like Budapest or Puszta and experience some more Hungarian culture

For me as a child Hungary was the place I looked forward to every single year. It never got boring! Take your family to an easy, relaxing, exciting but cheap holiday experience to Hungary that you won't regret!

If you want your children to experience something really exciting you take them to the Puszta, an traditionell Hungarian place with Wild Horses and Shows, good food and nice people 😊 That's a place for the hole family to enjoy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 53; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb