Budapest part I our arrival.....


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest
September 14th 2017
Published: September 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our final stop on the magical trip is Budapest. How did we get here so quickly? Where did the time go, Prague is already a distant memory....Tres Tragic!

We had only a few hours in Bratislava because the ship was to sail into Budapest at night. All the buildings would be lit up. We ate dinner and waited for 10:00PM to come. It was pitch dark outside and nothing to see on either side. Everyone was up on the Sun deck staring at the bow of the ship as if waiting for a show to begin. Cameras in hand and all were silent.....

We began to see lights in the distance so many it almost looked like the sun was going to rise. Slowly as we came closer you could make out the shapes of buildings and bridges. It was magnificent. Camera shutters were going off in rapid fire. The closer we came the more spectacular the scenery became, you really didn't know where to look. Once we were in the center on the Danube smack dab in between Buda and Pest the night gave way to the brilliant lights in the city. The photos I have to show you did not come from my own camera, my new friend a fabulous photographer Shelley shared them with me.

We sailed down the river a bit and then to the thrill of everyone we turned around and passed by the center again. Everyone began to speak to each other about the beautiful sights of Budapest and how the shipping line had really saved the best for last. As an aside after we leave the ship they are picking up a new set of passengers and heading back the other way. I couldn't help thinking how lucky we were to have chosen Budapest as the final destination and not the other way around.

No one really wanted to leave the deck but it was late and a new tour would begin in just a few hours. On the way down I noticed someone I'd seen on board the whole time and never really met her. She was standing by herself by the railing so I walked over and asked her how she enjoyed the show. She just shook her head and said "I can't believe the person I came with went to bed early, she knew this was going to be exciting and she chose to miss it!" Her name was Gloria and she was from New York, sweet lady and I bet she was a lot of fun on this trip.

Part II will follow......


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Chain BridgeChain Bridge
Chain Bridge

Attempting to show both sides.



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb